Once the person enters the web world; he sees so many options by which he/she can earn online. There are at least a dozen ways from where a person can earn money. These include blogging money, YouTube earning, eBook revenues, Freelance sites like oDesk and so on. But if we were to choose the best 2 options for this; YouTube monetization and blogging will certainly get picked. And out of this blogging money is lucrative and charming to most of the people.
Why Not Use YouTube Earning as First Online Money Option?
It becomes a real dilemma when a person chooses to make online earning as his primary source of income. Most of them take blogging as primary option and go for it. May be this trend is chosen because they are lured by high CPC values of Keywords in blogging. Then why not YouTube? Won’t it be an easy option to earn money online and sometime YouTube can make you more than what blogging would do for you. And this really holds true in the first phase of your strides in online earning world. So, let’s check the potential and benefits of YouTube monetization over earning from blogs.
1) No domain and hosting money:
The biggest edge starting on YouTube is; you need not to buy any domain or hosting. Yet you can make your online presence by the virtue of the channel name. For example Harsh has his channel here. The channel is kind of separate section on YouTube where user will see all the uploads and activity done by uploader. If user uploader has enabled his setting visitors can see his interactions too. Now isn’t it really cool to get your content hosted by site which is among world’s top 5 sites and whose servers are present at so many locations of the world. In nutshell, Youtube will be your home money making method with Zero investment.
2) It is possible to earn very first day on YouTube:
The beautiful most thing with YouTube earning is you can earn from your video content on very first day itself. You can simply make a YouTube account and upload a video (This can be any video which does not violate YouTube or AdSense terms and conditions). This can be your trip video; or how you made masala dosa in the morning. People have uploaded a variety of videos and found success from nowhere. When Charlie’s father uploaded this video; he would have never thought this video will make him millions. Now Charlie Bit My Finger is a brand and not just a video. And this video made that much amount of money; which would be all life target of an above average blogger!
3) AdSense Approval via YouTube is easy too:
Most Indian and other South Asian people wait for at least 6 months and more to get their Adsense account approved. But do you know you if you apply AdSense via YouTube or Blogger it becomes relatively easy. Thought this AdSense will be CONTENT HOST type. But you can always add your blog or website to this account; once you think you fulfill all criteria to get an approved site.
Big and ready-made platform of audience on YouTube Earning:
Once you upload your video; it can be available to billions of visitors of YouTube and if your video is catchy and something sensational it can certainly get you fame; and you make money from Youtube videos. People have rocketed their YouTube views in a matter of day or two and earned some hundred $$$. So; why not pick the camera and shoot something now. Also there are variety of softwares available which let you record your screen; so you can do video tutorials easily by it.
How to make money on Youtube?
With your Youtube channel you can earn money by various ways. I will quickly share some of the easiest and popular ways to make money on Youtube.
You can monetize your Youtube channel with AdSense. AdSense shows contextual ads on your Youtube channel, and you earn money when viewer click on the ad. This is by far the most easiest way that other Youtubers are making money. There are many artist who are earning over $2000 every day from their Youtube videos. <Source>
This works great when you have an established and popular channel. You can get sponsors for your videos., who would pay you to show their name or quick ad at the initial or at the end of the video. Many of them also use native advertising to market their product, and it’s indeed one great way to make huge money from Youtube.
This is what let you earn a huge amount in short-time. All you need to do is pick the right product, create a video around it and put the link in the description. You earn per sale, and usually the payout is nice. You can learn more about Affiliate marketing in this post.
In a nutshell; YouTube can be a supportive platform for your online earning when you are building your blog and earn or even without a blog. And once your blog is all set to go; you can put the video tutorials of your blog posts on YouTube to earn some extra bug. It can also benefit you by getting visitors who are not using Google as primary search engine and your site is beyond their reach till now.
YouTube supports almost all the format of videos and you can post videos in so many different categories. It can be your trip to goa or the hotel you stayed at Mumbai. You can also make tutorials on WordPress, hosting and other blogging or technical stuff. People also do the reviews of gadgets on YouTube to get benefited from YouTube earning. Feel free to ask any question or suggestion in the comment box.
Set up and build your YouTube channel. Your channel is your personal presence on YouTube. Each YouTube account has one channel attached to it. A YouTube account is the same as a Google account, and creating a YouTube account will grant you access to other Google products, such as Gmail and Drive.
- Create your account or use your existing one. Add keywords to help people find your channel. You can add keywords by navigating to the Advanced section of your Channel Settings. Make sure that your keywords are relevant to your content.
- Your user name can also work for or against you. If it’s short, easy to remember, and original, people will be more apt to remember you. However if you are using an existing account, you can always change your username by editing it on your Google+ account.
Add content. Try to upload content that is high quality, and isn’t super long. (This option can vary depending on what type of content you decide to upload) Also try to upload regularly and stay consistent with your uploads.
- Even if your content isn’t great at first, keep at it. Practice makes perfect. Try to make each video better than the last. You will often learn as you go.
- Improve your content by either using a better camera or trying better editing software or techniques. Also try to improve the way things are filmed. Use a tripod, have a friend help you or light your scenes better. It all helps for a better end product which in turn helps you get a better audience.
- By uploading regularly you can help hold an audience. People are more likely to subscribe if you add content on regular schedule, and maintain that schedule as much as possible.
- Make sure to tag your videos with key words that describe the content, as well as an eye-catching description. These will help drive people to your video from YouTube searches.
Gain an audience. Building an audience is key to increasing your monetization. You need people to watch your ads in order to make any money off of them. There is no one secret to getting more subscribers, just make the best content that you can and they will come to you.
- Keep uploading content and try to get people hooked. Send your video out on Twitter and Facebook. Share it with people. Distribute it elsewhere on the internet. Subscribers are essential to becoming a partner.
- Interact with your viewers by responding to comments and making occasional videos directly related to viewer comments and questions. Connecting with your community will bring more members into that community.
Monetize your videos. In order to start earning money on your videos, you’ll need to enable monetization. This means you are allowing YouTube to place ads in your video. This also means that you acknowledge that there is no copyrighted material in your video.
- You can monetize a video as it uploads by clicking the Monetization tab and checking the “Monetize with Ads” box.
- To monetize a video after it has been uploaded, open your Video Manager and click the “$” sign next to the video that you want to monetize. Check the “Monetize with Ads” box.
Setup Google AdSense. You can setup Google AdSense for free at the AdSense website. Click the Sign Up Now button to begin creating your account. You must be 18 years or older to create your own account. If you are younger than that, you will need an adult to help you.
- You need either PayPal or a bank account and a valid mailing address as well as other information so AdSense can verify who you are and who to send the money to. You only gain money per ad click and a smaller amount per view but it adds up over time. This is why having an audience is key.
Check your analytics. Once you have some videos online, monetized, and being viewed, you can check out the analytics on them to see how they are performing. Click the Analytics option in your Channel menu. Here you can view estimated earnings, ad performance, video views, demographics and more.
- Use these tools to see how your content is resonating with your audience. You can change your content or your marketing if you’re finding that you aren’t attracting the users that you want to.
7Market your videos elsewhere. Don’t put your videos just on YouTube! Start a blog, make a website or post them on other video or social media sites. The more views it gets, the better. By sharing the link or embedding the video on the internet, you are increasing the chance of it getting noticed.
Become a YouTube partner. YouTube Partners are YouTube members who have monetized videos with a large number of viewers. Partners gain access to more content creation tools, and can win prizes for the number of viewers they have. Partners also get access to much more community support and tips.
- You can apply for YouTube partnership at any time through the YouTube Partner page. In order to gain access to the most powerful Partner programs, you need to have 15,000 cumulative watch hours for your channel over the last 90 days.